How do you know if you are ready to enter the World of Work? Here at The Ruth Gorse Academy, we help our students to develop the employability skills they will need to enter the job market when they finish school, including support with producing a CV, writing a cover letter, completing a job application and preparing for an interview!
REMEMBER: The ‘Mag 10’ school rules apply to ALL of the areas mentioned below, as neatness, presentation and accurate SPAG are all basic requirements for any job that you might want to do in the future!
- Psychometric – designed to test your personality and whether you would be a good fit for the company you want to work for.
- Literacy – designed to test how quickly you can read and understand information – important if you are going to be handling information and communicating via email with other employees!
- Typing – designed to test how quickly you can process information and the speed of your typing – vital if you have to communicate via email or type up lots of reports in your job!
- Numerical – designed to test how quickly you can process mathematical problems and understand data – very important for any job where you might be handling money or customer information!
- Spatial – designed to test your problem-solving skills by getting you to answer logic questions against the clock! These skills are crucial for any job!
Check out the link below to practice Skills Assessments for real, or speak to Mr. Webb if you want to find out more about what Skills Assessments are and how they work!