|Mr J Clegg||Curriculum Leader of Computer Science / ICT|
|Mr A Moncur||Teacher of Computer Science / ICT|
|Mr C Sands||Teacher of ICT|
|Mr S Hall||Teacher of ICT|
In Computing/ICT lessons we teach students all about the technology that is around them and how it impacts on their lives. We show them how to get the best out of technology and the theory behind how computers and related technologies work. The most important aspect of computer science is problem solving, an essential skill for life. Students study the design, development and analysis of software and hardware used to solve problems in a variety of business, scientific and social contexts. Because computers solve problems to serve people, there is a significant human side to computer science as well.
- Computing is part of everything we do.
- Expertise in computing enables you to solve complex, challenging problems.
- Computing enables you to make a positive difference in the world.
- Computing offers many types of lucrative careers.
- Computing jobs are here to stay, regardless of where you are located.
- Expertise in computing helps even if your primary career is something else.
- Computing offers great opportunities for true creativity and innovativeness.
- Computing has space for both collaborative work and individual effort.
- Computing is an essential part of well-rounded academic preparation.
- Future opportunities in computing are without boundaries.