What will Religion Education do for me?
- enjoy discussing and debating religious and ethical issues?
- want to improve your writing skills— arguing, debating and logical thinking?
Then Religion Education is for you.
What is the course about?
You will study about Christianity.
You will focus on the Big Questions:
- Does God exist?
- How was the world created?
- Are evil and suffering a problem?
- Is marriage important?
- Are abortion and euthanasia murder?
- Where do we go when we die?
- Are men and women equal?
- What is racism?
You will also study Islam.
You will focus on questions such as:
- Does religion bring conflict or peace?
- How can we work for world peace?
- Is capital punishment acceptable?
You will consider the similarities and differences between Islam and Christianity and be able to use your new skills to demonstrate sound understanding of the reli-gious belief in context to big questions.
Where does Religion Education lead?
Journalism, social work, nursing, police, law, teaching…… in fact any career that involves working with people!
You will find links with many other subjects — English, Science, History, Geography and Psychology to name a few.
Employers are looking for people with intuition, not robots! Use your initiative, make your mind work for you, choose Religion, Ethics and Philosophy!
How will I be assessed?
- Paper 1— 50% of final grade
- Paper 2 —50% of final grade
- There is no controlled assessment
40% of your final grade is simply determined by your ability to write your own views and opinions about each topic!
No other GCSE does this…