It has been another busy term with much to celebrate; I do hope you will have an opportunity to read our latest newsletter which seeks to capture some of the highlights.
We are very excited to share with you that the building for our new permanent site is swiftly developing ensuring it will be ready for our move in September 2016. Photographs of the more recent developments can be found on our website.
As we approach the end of term I also wanted take this opportunity to share some key dates with you.
- The Ruth Gorse Academy’s celebration assembly is on Thursday 30th March starting at 2.00pm in the main hall.
- The academy will close to students for the Easter break at the end of morning school on Friday 1 April at 12.00. If your son/daughter uses the school transport, buses will be leaving at this time and completing their normal route. If your son/daughter is entitled to Free School Meals and would like to have lunch from school on this day, sandwiches will be available in a packed lunch to take home. Please let your child’s form tutor know no later than morning registration on Tuesday 29th March if you would like to take up this offer so that we can make the necessary catering arrangements.
- In a change to the original schedule the academy will re-open after the Easter holidays for all students on Tuesday 19th April, this is to allow a staff training day. Due to the increase in staff as we prepare for our move, days like this are integral to the success of the academy, ensuring that we can deliver the highest standard of education and support through all aspects of our work.
Key dates to remember:
- Thursday 31st March: Celebration Assembly – The Morley Academy Hall 2.00pm.
- Friday 1st April: Students finish at 12.00 noon.
- Monday 18th April: Staff INSET day – no students at school.
- Tuesday 19th April: Students first day back after Easter.
Mrs R Taylor
Download the paper copy
View or download the full newsletter by clicking ‘Download’ the button.