Making sure that our mental health is good is really important. At times that may feel really hard. The theme for Mental Health Awareness Week this year is kindness.
Acts of kindness are a great way to help our own and other people’s mental health stay positive. Over the next week try to do something kind every day and see how it makes you feel and more importantly how it makes the person who receives the kindness feel.
Below are some ideas for acts of kindness. Try some and let your form tutor know what you do to be kind and what kindness you receive.
- Make a cup of tea for someone in your family without being asked.
- Call a friend or family member you haven’t spoken to for a few days.
- Send a friend a funny picture.
- Play a game with your siblings.
- Watch a film at the same time as a friend and chat over FaceTime.
- Send a joke in a text to a friend.
- Arrange to have a group chat with friends, so everyone can see each other at the same time.
- Offer to make a meal for people at home.