Did you know – if you’re on benefits, your child may be entitled to free school meals!
Every day children and young people across Leeds are missing out on their free school meal. Child Friendly Leeds encourages families to check if they are eligible – it could save £10 a week for each child.
Families who are entitled to free school meals are in receipt of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190, provided they are not receiving Working Tax Credit
- The ‘Guaranteed’ element of the State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Please note: If you are already receiving Working Tax Credit, regardless of your income level, you cannot qualify for Free School Meals.
To find out if you are eligible and receive a claim form call Leeds Revenues and Benefits Service on 0113 222 4404. If you would like support in filling out the form please contact us and we can support you in the process.
At The Ruth Gorse Academy we will not allow money to stand in the way of your son or daughter being happy and achieving, if you are concerned about finances please contact your child’s Head of Year. There are a number of ways we can help, including the Supporting Achievement Fund.