What assistance be claimed for?
- Assistance with the cost of trips / visits
- Assistance with any other essential costs, as determined by the supporting achievement panel
Who can apply?
- Students in all year groups
- Satisfactory attendance
- A good behaviour record
Consideration will be given to students whose parents/carers meet one or more of the criteria listed below:
- Eligible for free school meals / pupil premium
- Experiencing temporary situations which are causing difficulty. For example, recent job loss, bereavement or other serious and unforeseen circumstances
How is it paid?
- No money is to be paid direct to the parents
Applications will be considered by the Principal (Mrs Taylor. The Principal will refer to previous assistance that the student has received, their individual circumstances, and their attendance levels.
It should be noted that there are limited funds available therefore applications for smaller amounts are more likely to be successful than those for large.
It the parent/carer is unhappy with the decision of the Principal, they can appeal in writing within 5 working days to the Executive Principal (Mrs Griffiths). Should the parent/carer be unhappy with the decision of the Executive Principal they can appeal in writing to the Chair of Governors within 5 working days. The Chair of Governor’s decision is final.