What assistance be claimed for?
- Assistance with the cost of trips / visits
- Assistance with any other essential costs, as determined by the supporting achievement panel
Who can apply?
- Students in Year 7 – Year 10
- Satisfactory attendance
- A good behaviour record
Consideration will be given to students whose parents/carers meet one or more of the criteria listed below:
- Eligible for free school meals / pupil premium
- Experiencing temporary situations which are causing difficulty. For example, recent job loss, bereavement or other serious and unforeseen circumstances
How is it paid?
- No money is to be paid direct to the parents
Letters regarding trips / visits / transition will make reference to the Supporting Achievement Fund, and a Supporting Achievement Application Form must be completed to request help with funding. If your child is in receipt of Free School Meals (FSM) then you can apply for funding support by completing an FSM Enrichment Remuneration Request Form.
Parents/Carers should use the links below to access these forms and return them to the school reception.
Applications will be processed on demand and parents/carers will get a verbal response from the school.
Applications will be considered by the Associate Principal (Mr Craine). The Associate Principal will refer to previous assistance that the student has received, their individual circumstances, and their attendance levels.
It should be noted that there are limited funds available therefore applications for smaller amounts are more likely to be successful than those for large.
It the parent/carer is unhappy with the decision of the Associate Principal, they can appeal in writing within 5 working days to the Associate Executive Principal (Mrs Griffiths). Should the parent/carer be unhappy with the decision of the Associate Executive Principal they can appeal in writing to the Chair of Governors within 5 working days. The Chair of Governor’s decision is final.